Friday, March 5, 2010

Email about the Kotsker

From: Larry Joffe
To: Richard McMurtry
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 4:41 PM
Subject: Re: Letter from 1977

Thanks Richard for your rapid reply,

Yes, we have lost first hand information since all the generation of my wife's grand-parents have dissapeared. I have spoken to RĂ©gine and she obviously remembers the letter and was able to give some details but not much.

What I can do is:
1) I will speak to her again and show her the new chart (which includes your latest inputs) and this may help her fill some missing data.
2) If you think that a trip to Poland will help, I am happy to take my kids on an "educational", maybe next April. What do you think ? (based on your experience, will it help?)

I never heard before about my wife's family being descendants of Menahem Mendel of Kotsk other than your source. But since we are not religious, it could be that they just ignored that fact. I have made a "theoretical connection" on my database, please have a look at it, and then I will either delete it, or at least I will indicate that this is a family legend and not proven.

To access the web site:
www.websamba.com/suivre/arbre
your user name is your e-mail: rmcmurtry@igc.org
your password is: jennie
sorry, for the moment the site is not finished and is only in French.
But given your experience you will manage.
After login, from the menu, select the first line (Arbre in French means Tree)
Look for your name on the left screen, clicking on a name opens his personal screen
Note that on Internet, I only show the first 3 letters of the family names, so you are MCM
and then move up by clicking on the links (Sabina, then her parents, etc) until "MENDEL"
Note: whenever you see the "Photo Album" icon at the bottom of a screen, go into it
Other note: I did not have time to update "diagramme" on internet, only the database.
P.S. you can find all our pictures, and sometimes family pictures
Oldest pictures you can also find at family LIP~ Wolf and BRE~ szlama
I still have many old pictures (1908-1935) to add.

Regards

Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment